Thursday, March 10, 2011

100 miles of baby steps

Hi all,

Just a quick note before I head over to PRFitness for Yoga.  I just entered my food for the day and looked back at my week expecting to see disaster.  But it wasn't as bad as I thought!  Not perfect by any stretch, we went to a mexican restaurant last night and I haven't been to one since before the program started.  Wow, my love of queso blanco with a BudLight has not been erased from my memory, it was going strong!  But what I am learning is that I may never be the all beans/salad/no carbs eater, but I do believe that I will continue to improve with every new food tried and add to our routine taking the place of less healthy standby's.  And with the consistent physical activity my body is a little more forgiving of my missteps.  8-)   It has taken me 37 (or as of last week, 38) years to get myself into this condition (physically & mentally) and I will not force the expectation of the process undoing itself in 12 weeks.  I love what I have learned up to this point in BTWG and look forward to using the info & insight long after the program ends to continue my physical and spiritual "restoration".

Peace to all, hope to see everyone on Saturday.  Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Carrie,
    What a great post! That is the point. It is not just for 12 weeks, but for a lifetime. And the learning just keeps coming. Sherri and I talked last night about how we are in much different places now than we were even a year ago - not better or worse, just different learning experiences. I am go glad you are taking this time for you to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete